Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesday Morning Prayer Meeting

Every Tuesday Morning at six o'clock I go to the men's prayer meeting at our church. We meet in the sanctuary and discuss prayer needs, requests, people that are sick, etc... Then we kneel at the alter. Usually the Pastor prays first. Others take turns praying for the various needs. There is a base of about eight men that are always there. Not everyone prays out loud. Some pray silently. There is someone predetermined to close the prayer at seven. Then we go across the street to Cracker Barrell. There they have the table set and ready for us. Jill is usually our waitress. She knows who drinks coffee regular or decaf and OJ. She knows exactly what each one of us order as our "regular". We have a great time of fellowship and food. It is a little early to get up in the morning, but I don't mind. I really enjoy the prayer time with the guys each Tuesday morning.

1 comment:

Brook said...

Honestly, I think I would go just to go to Cracker Barrel and have someone else cook breakfast. That's the meal I like to cook the least!

Alas, I am but a mere woman and must stay home to care for the children.