Friday, February 15, 2008

Day after Valentine's Day

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. It was a good day for the family. We went out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants-Pappa Poblanos. Paige gave the kids gifts for Valentine's Day at dinner. Then once the kids were put to bed we exchanged Valentine's gifts.
Today when I came to work I had just sat down when a co-worker came in the door. He was obviously distraught. He began asking me about another co-worker. He then began using harsh profanity and the lords name in vane. He was so angry that this other co-worker had cost him a sale, and he had all night to stew on it. Luckily the person he is so angry at usually comes in late. I know it is always easier to give advice than it is to follow it. The worst part of this is that he also proclaims to be a Christian. I shared with him a few Bible verses that came to mind. A gentle answer turns away rage, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1 . I actually used this for me but advised him to aply it as well. We also talked about Ephesians 26 In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold. It seems my advice helped. He did confront the other guy in a calm peaceful way.
My prayer for the day is:Lord that I would be slow to anger, not to sin if I am angry. Help me to channel my energy into positive thoughts and actions. I pray that I would be a living example of your grace and love.Guide me to be your will.Give me oportunities to use good judgement.Thank you for how you speak to me in everyday situations.Bless my family, watch over, and protect them from evil.Dear Jesus I LOVE you and praise you! Amen.

1 comment:

Brook said...

The week Shawn talked about anger really hit home. Let's face it, we all deal with it...but we all deal with it differently. I learned that I'm a stewer, and then a spu-er. If you're going to stew, then you're going to spu! Gross!

Way to go getting in the line of fire with your coworker. It's not always easy to give any kind of advise, especially Godly advise, to a person who's angry. Good job!